We know you can’t wait to get started, but we also know that joining a gym sometimes feels quite intimidating.
So we will take you through the basics on your very first visit and from there on we will help you every step of the way.
On your visit to the gym, please remember to bring:
- Your membership card
- A sweat towel
- Water bottle
- A £1.00 coin for the lockers (redeemable)
- Clothes – loose, stretchy, comfortable, something that you can move in
- Trainer shoes – for low impact activities and weight training
- Running shoes – tailored for running that will offer you plenty of support
- Please remember to put things back as you find them
- Clean equipment after use (paper towels and sanitizer are provided)
The first steps for new members to achieve your goals!
- Induction (how to use the equipment correctly & safely)
- Lifestyle / Fitness programmes (book in – when you’re ready)
- Re-assessment Lifestyle / Fitness Programmes
- Ongoing and continued support and advice
At Bodyscene we can create workouts tailored to you – consisting of what you want, when you want it! This means a structured exercise programme that can either fit around your busy schedule, or be tailored to exercise a specific part of the body or muscle group or to train you up for a specific sport or event. Less is better than nothing.
Remember that if you don’t have time for your usual workout, don’t give up! Even the smallest amount of exercise can make a difference. We can help and tailor an individual programme for you that will adjust to your lifestyle.
We want to ensure you keep motivated and excited with your gym workouts. This is why we have a programme of various Gym Challenges that will run throughout the year. These are a fun way to train, meet people, try out new exercises or equipment and give you a new challenge.
Please see a member of the team for more information in the gym, or ask at reception and start today.
And remember the five rules for fitness success…!
- Make exercise enjoyable
- Exercise with a friend
- Ensure your goals are achievable
- Celebrate success
- Make time for exercise