Aqua Fit classes are a great way to mix up a traditional gym workout with the wondrous benefits of water. It only takes a few aqua aerobics sessions and you’ll see a big difference in your overall fitness.
Also know as water AquaFit or AquaJog, typical classes will involve all the exercises you would expect in a ‘dry’ class. But there are added bonuses when you exercise in water.
The top benefits of Aqua
- Water supports the body, putting less stress on your joints and muscles
- Working out in water helps build strength. Fighting against the push of the water activates your muscles
- Water pressure helps put less strain on the heart by moving blood around the body
- The impact of gravity is less in the water allowing a greater range of motion
- Working out in water helps prevent overheating, helping you exercise for longer
- And… it’s fun! It is not often you can say that about a workout.